Searching for things to do this summer? Look no further than our West Creek community! Here at West Creek Self Storage, we’ve compiled a list of some of the not-to-be-missed events in our area this season. Check them out and feel free to add to the list in our comments section below. Happy summer!
•The Barnegat Light Museum, 5th St. & Central Ave, Barnegat Light, NJ 08006, is open daily from 10 AM – 4 PM during July and August. Come learn about the history of this lighthouse, as well as the community that surrounded it by viewing photographs and artifacts from Barnegat Light and Long Beach Island. Contact (609)-494-8578 for more details.
• Nothing says Independence Day quite like a parade and fireworks. The Township of Little Egg Harbor is hosting its very own parade on July 4th, beginning at 10 AM at the Village Shoppes Rt. 9 and travels to the Tuckerton seaport. Children’s events, a baby parade and free activities will be provided all day long, with a fabulous fireworks display to end the holiday at Tip Seaman Park.
• Every Tuesday night is Pasta Night at the Italian American Club, located at 41 Dock Rd., Cedar Run, NJ, right off Rt. 9. From 5 – 7 PM, adults can dine on delicious Italian cuisine for $8.00, and kids 12 and under can eat for $4.00. Sounds like an excellent reason not to cook on a Tuesday evening!
• On July 10th, from 1 – 3 PM, the Bay Avenue Community Center will be hosting a two-day workshop titled “After Sandy and Moving On”. This event includes a lecture on the power of resiliency, as well as instruction in Qigong, including movement and meditation exercises. Come join community members at 775 East Bay Avenue, Manahawkin, NJ for this enlightening event. To reserve a spot, please call (732)-542-1326.
• The Ocean County Library is more than just books. This summer they are hosting Free Live, Loud and Local Music! Who says you have to be quiet at a library all the time? Come by the Toms River Branch on July 18th at 7 PM, where featured artists include the Creeptones, Stranger Cells, and Tiny Teeth. Located at 101 Washington St., Toms River, NJ 08753, parking is free after 6 PM behind the library on the top parking deck.
• Want to learn a bit about the ecology of Island Beach State Park? Take a daily beach walk with a park educator to learn about the plants and animals of this barrier island and how they have been impacted by Superstorm Sandy. The walks are free, however paid admission is required into the park. Contact the park at (732) 793-0506 for more details.
We hope you enjoy all that our unique West Creek, NJ community has to offer!