Trying to tidy up after the holidays? This time of year is the best time to get your home coordinated and efficient. West Creek Self Storage knows organization matters when life gets hectic. Use our tips below to coordinate every room in your home.
- Adding storage under the bed is a great spot for out of season clothes. Add wheels to the bottom of the drawers to create an easy access storage area.
- Your clothes can take over your room very fast. Make edits to your wardrobe of items you have not worn in an extended period.
- If your drawers are a problem area, focus on drawer organizers. Make sure you measure your space before committing to your favorite divider.
- Pick an organization plan to follow when hanging your clothes, color coded, by style or by occasion. Whichever system you choose stick to it.
- Utilize that small space next to the fridge or stove with a duel sided shelf on wheels.
- An over-the-cabinet basket keeps organization under the sink. This is a good spot for sandwich bags, foil, plastic wraps, etc.
- Get rid of excessive water bottles and old coffee mugs. These items can accumulate very fast, so only hold on to your favorite ones and discard the rest.
- Add hooks to the bare side of cabinets to create a good hanging spot for utensils and pot holders.
- After flipping through magazines take them directly to the recycling bin. No reason to keep old magazines.
- Make it a habit to take your shoes off in the bedroom or by the door and take them directly to the closet. Don’t let shoes and coats clutter your entryway.
- Tidy up as you move. If you’re passing from room to room pick up articles as you go. Don’t leave toys laying around if you are passing the toy chest on your way out of the family room.
- A coat rack, key bin, and mail organizer will keep clutter to a minimum as soon as you walk in the door.
Garage / Mudroom:
- Use all of your wall space with customized shelving. Add a pegboard, slat walls, or track system shelves to keep your tools off the floor.
- Make an instant mudroom by the door to the house with a bench, coat rack, and shoe shelf.
- Magnetic strips help keep the screw drivers and metal tools off the work bench and easily located.
- Adding industrial hooks to the ceiling will help keep the seasonal items, such as bikes and canoes, out of the way.
Kick the clutter out in 2017 with these handy tips. Stop in to talk with the storage professionals at West Creek Self Storage, and get advice on every room in your house.